My Inner Farha
I guess I've been watching too many episodes of High Stakes Poker on GSN. I got on to a cash table at pokerstars today and possesed by the spirit of Sammy Farha I started playing a very LAG style and then somehow found the balls to pull off this insane move. Don't try this at home folks, at these stakes and against these players it is usually equivalent to poker suicide.


Click here to view a larger version


The preflop call with J3 under the gun is just silly. The re-raise to 30$ out of position is perhaps understandable but still highly ill advised. The 80$ bet on the flop is pure insanity (especially with the SB only having 30$ behind).

Pulling this kind of thing off is quite the rush but this will have to suffice as my one psychotic move for the month. No more of these for a while.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Bill Sparks: $261.05
UTG+1: $152.60
CO: $414
Button: $242.25
SB: $59.45
BB: $118

Pre-flop: (6 players) Bill Sparks is UTG with J♥ 3♥
Bill Sparks calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB raises to $8, Bill Sparks raises to $30, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q♣ 4♦ 2♠ ($96, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Bill Sparks bets $80, 2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $80 returned to Bill Sparks.

Results:
Final pot: $96

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger fishbones11 said...

So funny. I was watching high stakes poker and said to krissy man Sammy is such a donkey. He just called a raise with 92 suited. Right as I say that she was reading your blog. So weird. And yeah I wouldn't make this play too often, but it worked out well. NH. And I know what you mean, after watching the show I find myself wanting to play these kind of hands too.

Adam

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home