Cybertells
Is it possible to pick up "tells" from an online opponent? Of course it is. Consider the following hand:
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t75/t150
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t2040
Button: t1840
SB: t1675
Bill Sparks: t7945

Pre-flop: (4 players) Bill Sparks is BB with A♠ 8♠
2 folds, SB calls t75 (pot was t225), Bill Sparks checks.

Flop: Q♣ 9♦ Q♦ (t300, 2 players)
SB is all-in t1525, Bill Sparks calls t1525 (pot was t1825).

Turn: 3♥ (t3350, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t3350)

River: T♥ (t3350, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t3350)

Results:
Final pot: t3350
SB showed 4♥ K♥
Bill Sparks showed A♠ 8♠


At first glance, it may seem like I made a donkey call on the flop. But the truth is that my call was very deliberate and I was confident I had the best hand. I knew this because my opponent instantly pushed when the flop hit. There was absolutely no pause. This lead me to believe he was pulling a stop 'n' go. I knew he was capable of this as he had successfully pulled the same move against me earlier. I knew he did not hold an Ace or a pair as he would have most likely raised pre-flop. So I knew I was best. The real key for me was that even if he had planned the stop and go right from before the flop (which I believe he did) had he caught any piece of that board it would have caused him to pause. Certainly if he caught a Q he would not be pushing so quikcly like that, and if he caught a nine it should slow him down for even a split second. I ended up winning that tourney pretty easily.

So, be observant, you can pick up "tells" online if you're watching closely.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home