I am a Donkey!
I'm a donkey for playing like this. If I don't stop, I will quit poker forever.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $371.30
UTG+1: $135.10
CO: $199.65
Bill Sparks: $44.35
SB: $81.90
BB: $431.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Bill Sparks is Button with
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $6, CO calls, Bill Sparks calls, 2 folds.

Flop: ($21, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Bill Sparks checks.

Turn: ($21, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Bill Sparks bets $15, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

River: ($51, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Bill Sparks is all-in $23.35, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: $97.7
UTG+1 showed
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

I thought I'd check out your blog. Cool stuff.

About the hand:

If you want to play 97s on the button in a raised pot, you need a bigger stack.

Same idea if you want to bluff. Your turn bet, is not so threatening since you don't have enough money behind for a good 2nd barrel on the river.

Also it is really hard to represent something after you checked the flop in position in a 3 way pot.

With more chips, though that AQ would have been sweating bullets!

Cheers,
Mathieu

10:39 PM  
Blogger Bill Sparks said...

Mathieu ... glad you like the blog. As for this hand, you've managed to describe exactly why I call myself a "donkey" for this play.

I'm working on an article called "Speculosity" that deals specifically with this type of play.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home